I am the proud recipient of 5 DMBLGIT honors of long ago, it seems, but I have never hosted this fabulous event showcasing some of the best of food and drink from bloggers all around the globe. The brain child of Andrew of Spittoon Extra , DMBLGIT has been called by some “the grandest food porn event available on the web”. Winners are selected in three categories- edibility, aesthetics and originality, plus three overall winners. Judges will be announced later this month. Looking forward to seeing your photos and reading your posts.
Here are the rules:
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog during September 2010.
- The deadline to submit your entry is 25 October 2010 at midnight, Indian Standard Time.
- A panel of judges will assess the quality of all of the entries before eventually selecting winners from the pictures. There will be winners in the following categories:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: Does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
- Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think “wow, I never thought of photographing it like that before!”
- Overall Winner: the photograph that scores the highest when individual scores for Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality are added up.
- Results will be announced on 1st November 2010.
How can you join in?
- Draft an e-mail with DMBLGIT in the subject line.
- Attach one qualifying food or drink photo, preferably 400 pixels in width.
- Include the following:
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The title of the image/what it is
- The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
- The camera you used
- Send an email with the above information to email@example.com
- Please note that by submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being redisplayed and altered in size on the host’s page and on the SpittoonExtra DMBLGiT page.
- I have created a gallery in Picasa where I will be adding your photos within 48hrs of submission. I will also acknowledge your email. If you do not receive an acknowledgment within 48hrs. please leave a message in the comment section of this post.
Any questions, feel free to write me an email. Cheers!